Thank you for your interest in INTO LIGHT. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the drawing I create of your loved one will bring comfort and support.
Each portrait will be done in a classical style by Theresa Clower and will take approximately 10 hours per drawing to complete. You will be GIFTED a professionally framed original work of art at the end of the exhibition.
Portraits will be on display in Baltimore in Fall 2019. A public opening exhibition will be held. Families and friend of the loved and lost will gather to see the portraits and to support one another. Stories will be shared, grief will be shared, and a newfound strength will be realized. At the end of the exhibition, the families of the loved and lost will gather for a private reception and ritual that will honor their family member. At that point, each family will be gifted the framed original portrait.
Please read the following guidelines for applying for INTO LIGHT BALTIMORE
Who is eligible?
Your loved and lost one should:
- Have died from drug addiction
- Have been a resident of Maryland at the time of their death.
When should I apply for participation?
Images are currently being accepted of people who have died from drug addiction in the Maryland ONLY. Images will be accepted now through September 1, 2919 or until all slots have been filled. The total number of portraits to be accepted is 50.
By submitting an image of a lost love one you agree to the following:
- The submissions must be of an individual who died from drug addiction.
- The individual should be from Maryland at the time of their death.
- You will be asked to provide information for inclusion in a narrative about the loved one. This narrative will be posted next to the drawing and will also be included in a booklet format.
- There is the possibility that the media coverage will include images of you or your loved one. By submitting a photograph and being included in INTO LIGHT, you agree to media / publicity coverage of your loved one’s drawing, story, as well as you or other family members stories.
- Drawings will not be altered once they are signed. A digital image of the drawing will be sent to you when it is near completion. At that time, you will be able to make suggested changes to the artist. Once that change is made the drawing will be signed. A final digital image will be sent to you for reproduction, as well as to share with others
INFORMATION FOR SELECTING IMAGES
The image you select for your drawing is VERY important. Not all photographs are suitable for a graphite portrait. Please select the photograph with care. The following tips will help you in your selection:
- The picture should be a good representation of your loved one. Is this how you want to remember them?
- A shoulder and head shot is best. This will give me the detail I need to capture their essence.
- Any angle is fine. They can be looking right at the camera, three-quarters view, or even profile.
- High resolution and a jpeg is best. Contrast of light and dark is important.
- Send several images for me to consider. We can talk through this.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email with your image (s) attached to:
Include the following information in the email:
Full name of loved one
Your full name
Relationship to loved one
Your phone number
Please indicate that you have read and agree with the criteria and information above
For more information please call Theresa Clower at 302-455-9595